May Board Meeting
Held: Friday 25th May 2018
Frequency: 4th Thursday of Month
Location: Sydney, Australia
VIA: in Person
President: Tarran Deane
The key items were:
- Board Vacancies: We welcomed the wonderful Michelle Bowden CSP to the Board. Michelle brings a wealth of experience and industry knowledge. You can learn more about Michelle when you visit her Board Profile here.We retain our commitment to effective governance, gender diversity and CSP representation when seeking to fulfil Board vacancies. If you are interested in serving, please send a one page application addressing the above 3 points to admin@ProfessionalSpeakers.org.au and detail the skills and value you would bring to the board
- Financial Position: We are in a good position and are exercising due diligence with our finances. We are able to pay debts as they fall due.
- #PSAConvention19: Pre-Convention momentum is building the exciting program being designed by #PSAConvention19 Convenor and Keynote Speaker of the Year Amanda Stevens CSP. Recent site visit of the Peppers Mantra Resort at SALT, Kingscliff will see us use BOTH properties to roll out our Keynotes, Plenary and Masterclass Breakout Sessions.Highlighting from April Meeting: Accommodation: PSA has agreed to a number of room nights as part of the #PSAConvention19 package. This ensures direct service and support via own Conference and Event Manager at Peppers Salt Resort.Contact the office for your unique booking code once you have completed your convention registration form
Register: Visit our website for more details and to register
Site Visits: Amanda Stevens CSP Convention Convenor & Sue Ryman-Kiernan PCO conducted site visit and icnreased utilisation and user experience.
Meeting Notes Aligning with Our Core 8 Competencies as They Apply to the Business of PSA
- Professional Awareness –
Service Succession Planning at State Chapter level is a focus and we welcome your expressions of interest in serving. Please liaise with your Chapter President and Chapter Leadership team to find out how you may be able to help right now and into the future.
- Professional Relationships –
GSF: have had their meeting and the Board will receive the Report via email.
Strategic Partnerships: We will be exploring this further in our Strategic Planning Session following the Board meeting and during June – July 2018.
Media Appearances: nil this month
Conventions Held: May – APS Singapore is on.
Upcoming Conventions: July – #Influence18 in Dallas, Texas. The PSA President will represent us at this event [Historical Standard Practice]
- Topic Development –
Chapter Event Program: well done to all Chapters on a good month.
Chapter Event Pricing: the focus is on achieving consistent event pricing around the country in line with our members joining the whole organisation vs. one chapter. SA is tracking towards that well.
What’s Coming Up Next Beyond the Chapter Events:
August 2018: Platform Professionals Kingscliff, convened by Keith Abraham CSP. #Value-add #highperformers
September 2018 National Roadshow by Ian Stephens CSP focusing on Sales and Marketing. This Roadshow is in addition to monthly Chapter events. Keep watching for the latest updates on the Events Calendar as they’re uploaded
Guest Speakers & PSA Non Pitch Environments: we are revisiting the integrity of our Chapter Events as “No Pitch” environments for non-PSA programs after receiving CSP feedback that they are becoming ‘pitch fests’. We’d love to hear your feedback. Send us your comments to email@example.com subject line #eventfeedback
- Platform Mechanics –
AV Equipment: confirmed approval for Queensland to replace AV equipment as a result of stocktake responses completed by all Chapter Presidents. We sourced from www.swamp.net.au
- Presenting & Performing – ongoing
Getting to Professional Member (PM) Webinars
- Authorship & Development – ongoing
website updates will be occurring including uploading of Core 8 Competencies in the next week to our documents area
- Sales & Marketing – PSA Market Penetration |
Reviewed all Convention launch results for PSAConvention19, Platform Professionals and Boost!Platform Professionals 2018: August 17-19 > https://www.professionalspeakers.org.au/events-list/Registrations are at 44/50 available spots. Invite your industry speaking colleagues who may meet the eligibility criteria and let’s give them a taste of PSA! It’s a not to be missed opportunity for our CSPs, and industry professional with revenue of more than $300k+ of presentation generated revenue.BOOST! Coaching Program: April Intake #01 is underway! This is such a fantastic Coaching Program for Professional Members – and CSPs – I had the pleasure of joining their first Group Coaching ZOOM Call and welcoming everyone.If you’d like to join the September/October Intake #02 you can learn more about BOOST! right here and increase your sales!
- Managing the Business
May: Bank signatures and government reporting updates are still in progress, with different bank branches issuing different requirements for updating. Special thanks to Manpreet Singh Company Secretary and Brian Waring immediate past Treasurer for working through this process
- Professional Awareness –
Following this Meeting a 6 hour Strategic Planning Day was held in Sydney and the PSA Board will be reviewing outcomes of that Planning Day in the weeks ahead and designing a strategic plan based up findings, end of year 2017 and PSAConvention18 survey results, + feedback gained through chapter events and as shared through various stakeholder conversations.
This covers the key points arising from our may 2018 board meeting. As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better.
Enjoy a few candid shots from the Strategic Planning Day that later followed the Board Meeting.
Thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
2018 PSA President
As a reminder, your 2018 PSA Board are comprised of:
- Tarran Deane – National President | Chair | Director
- Russell Pearson – Vice President | Director
- In Progress – Interim Treasurer
- Tony Eades – also serving in Interim Executive Role
- Peter Merrett
- Michelle Bowden CSP
- Manpreet Singh [remote attendance on May 25th, 2018]