July Board Meeting
Held: Thursday 2nd August 2018 [This meeting was held over from July 2018 until 2nd August to achieve full attendance of Board Members]
Standard Frequency: 4th Thursday of Month
Location: Sydney, Australia
President: Tarran Deane
The key items were:
- Board Vacancies: The full Board, inclusive of executive committee Tarran Deane, Russell Pearson and Tony Eades, have identified person(s) they will be approaching to invite new expressions of interest during August 2018, for the role of Treasurer. The invitees will be asked to complete our Board Service Skills Matrix or assessment. Our immediate Past Treasurer Brian Waring has been of wonderful service during our post 2018 AGM season as bank signature changeovers have taken considerable coordination at various branch levels to organise. Thanks Brian!We retain our commitment to effective governance, gender diversity and CSP representation when seeking to fulfil Board vacancies. If you are interested in serving, please send a one page application addressing the above 3 points to admin@ProfessionalSpeakers.org.au and detail the skills and value you would bring to the board
- Financial Position: We are in a good position and are exercising due diligence with our finances. We are able to pay debts as they fall due. We are also very aware of the upcoming shift in revenue dynamics as the timeline for activation of our new 2 tiered membership approaches from January 1st 2019 and continue to identify strategies that provide significant professional development and business value to our financial members. This is coupled with also safeguarding the intellectual property of Professional Speakers Australia through seeking Trademarking of key names and programs
- #PSAConvention19: Pre-Convention momentum is building with the exciting program being designed by #PSAConvention19 Convenor and Keynote Speaker of the Year Amanda Stevens CSP. Recent site visit of the Peppers Mantra Resort at SALT, Kingscliff will see us use BOTH properties to roll out our Keynotes, Plenary and Masterclass Breakout Sessions.Accommodation: PSA has agreed to a number of room nights as part of the #PSAConvention19 package. This ensures direct service and support via own Conference and Event Manager at Peppers Salt Resort.
Contact the PSA office for your unique booking code, once you have completed your convention registration form
Register: Visit our website for more details and to register
Upcoming Site Visits: Amanda Stevens and Platform Professional Winter Retreat delegates will be experiencing the site during August 2018
Meeting Notes Aligning with Our Core 8 Competencies as They Apply to the Business of PSA
- Professional Awareness –
Service Succession Planning at State Chapter level is a focus and we welcome your expressions of interest in serving. Please liaise with your Chapter President and Chapter Leadership team to find out how you may be able to help right now and into the future.
- Professional Relationships –
GSF: Changeover of representatives was official at #Influence2018 Dallas, Texas
Strategic Partnerships: We will be exploring this further in our Strategic Planning Session following the Board meeting and during June – July 2018.
Media Appearances: nil this month
Conventions Held:July – #Influence18 in Dallas, Texas.
- Topic Development –
Chapter Event Program: well done to all Chapters on a good month.
Chapter Event Pricing: the focus is on achieving consistent event pricing around the country in line with our members joining the whole organisation vs. one chapter. SA is tracking towards that well.
What’s Coming Up Next Beyond the Chapter Events:
August 2018: Platform Professionals Kingscliff, convened by Keith Abraham CSP. #Value-add #highperformersSeptember 2018 National Roadshow by Ian Stephens CSP focusing on Sales and Marketing. This Roadshow is in addition to monthly Chapter events. Keep watching for the latest updates on the Events Calendar as they’re uploadedGuest Speakers & PSA Non Pitch Environments: we are revisiting the integrity of our Chapter Events as “No Pitch” environments for non-PSA programs after receiving CSP feedback that they are becoming ‘pitch fests’. We’d love to hear your feedback. Send us your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line #eventfeedback
- Platform Mechanics – continuing towards focus of CSP and Professional Member level Chapter contributors
- Presenting & Performing – ongoing
Getting to Professional Member (PM) Webinars – thank you Warwick Merry
- Authorship & Development – ongoing
Protecting PSA intellectual property is a key focus with a special project commenced during August.
- Sales & Marketing – PSA Market Penetration |
Reviewed June EoFY social media promotional results for PSAConvention19Chapter Events YTD: Adelaide SA to focus on growth of chapter members. Board Discussion Paper coming from SA Chapter President to support progress. All Chapters performing well.Platform Professionals 2018: August 17-19 > https://www.professionalspeakers.org.au/events-list/Registrations are at 48/50 available spots. Invite your industry speaking colleagues who may meet the eligibility criteria and let’s give them a taste of PSA! It’s a not to be missed opportunity for our CSPs, and industry professional with revenue of more than $300k+ of presentation generated revenue.
BOOST! Coaching Program: Intake #01 2/3 complete! This is such a fantastic Coaching Program for Professional Members – and CSPs – I had the pleasure of joining their first Group Coaching ZOOM Call and welcoming everyone. If you’d like to join the September/October Intake #02 you can learn more about BOOST! right here and increase your sales!
- Managing the Business
August 2nd: Bank signatures changeover confirmed as now complete.
- Professional Awareness –
It was confirmed 3 Directors will be attending Platform Professionals in Kingscliff and we look forward to catching up with some of our CSPs and delegates at the event.
This covers the key points arising from our July 2018 Board Meeting (held 2nd August). As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better. If you’d like to lodge a Board Discussion Paper for our Agenda, please obtain the template from Margaret and lodge with her at Head Office, no later than the 3rd Wednesday of the month, to enable circulation with our Board Pack to Directors which goes out shortly after that.
Thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
2018 PSA National President & Chairman of the Board
As a reminder, your 2018 PSA Board are comprised of:
- Tarran Deane – National President | Chair | Director
- Russell Pearson – Vice President | Director
- Treasurer [in progress]
- Tony Eades – also serving in Interim Executive Role
- Peter Merrett
- Michelle Bowden CSP
- Manpreet Singh