December Board Meeting
Held: Thursday 20th December, 2018
Standard Frequency: 4th Thursday of Month
Location: Via Zoom
President: Tarran Deane
This was our final Board Meeting for 2018.
The standard items were:
- Board Vacancies: We acknowledge Michelle Bowden CSP for her service to the Board during the second half of 2018. Michelle’s insight and contribution has been vital. Her achievements include leading discussions and input regarding the refined CSP Emeritus process, event wisdom and presenting at chapter events as a board representative in NSW and Queensland. Thank you Michelle!
We have received Board Applications which will be considered in the New Year at our January 2019 Board Meeting.
- Financial Position: We are able to pay debts as they fall due and are in a strong financial position. The introduction of the BOOST! Coaching Program has been a pivotal member benefit for 12 new participants and provides a strategic economic return for PSA.
- Treasurer Chinmay Ananda has been working closely with our Head Office team and executive office bearers to understand the many programs offered by PSA. His focus this Board Meeting was to refine the comprehensive draft budget taking into account the strategic partnership commitment we are working on with Zoom in order to provide an enhanced Member value in 2019 plus review financial reports for the year to date and liaise with the Auditor and Accounts Team for diligent preparation of Audited Financials in February ahead of our PSA AGM on Saturday 23 March 2019
“All affiliates and provisional members reverting to ‘non-member’ status from January 1st, 2019 along with Visitors and Guests, continue to be welcome to register for the Chapter events and Annual Convention, and glean from the extraordinary value and expert knowledge shared at these events!” ~ PSA Board 2018
- #PSAConvention19: Key Milestones
– Standard Early Bird Registrations close 2018.11.30
– Website is live: www.psaconvention.com.au
Sponsorship Packs: are currently being finalised by our Sponsorship Coordinator Brett Dashwood with some exciting opportunities emerging that capture our “You are the MESSAGE!” theme
- Platform Professionals ™ program for 2019.03.22 being the Friday of #PSAConvention19 is currently being designed. To attend PP in March 2019delegates will need to register for #PSAConvention19 and the Friday workshops,selectingn the PP stream.
Visit our website for more details and to register
Meeting Notes Aligning with Our Core 8 Competencies as They Apply to the Business of PSA
- Professional Awareness –
Service Succession Planning at State Chapter Presidents who are completing their term, wrap up on December 31, 2018 before handing the baton across to incoming Chapter Presidents. This effects only WA and NSW. 2018 serving Chapter Presidents for SA, Vict/Tas and Qld/NT will continue throughout 2019.*We extend a massive thank you to continuing and retiring Chapter Presidents*
- Professional Relationships –GSF: nil report was received from Michelle Pascoe CSP GSF Representative.Strategic Partnerships: PSA Board have endorsed TWO additional Strategic Partnerships which will be announced in coming weeks, once details and Agreements have been executed for Zoom & BizVersity. These partnerships will be packaged in a single Member Benefit for CSPs and Professional Members in early 2019. Timeframe is a reflection of holiday season, modelling design, infrastructure considerations, launch design, and practical rollout while also considering impact on #PSAConvention18 registrationsMedia Appearances: nil during December 2018
- Topic Development –
Chapter Event Program: *for 2019 – Chapter Presidents design this in conjunction with chapter leadership team or designated rep, and provide details to Margaret in January 2019 for uploading to our event listings.* Nil Action by Board at this December Meeting.
- Platform Mechanics – continuing towards the focus of CSP and Professional Member level Chapter contributors
- Presenting & Performing – ongoing Getting to Professional Member (PM) Webinars – thank you Warwick Merry for your ongoing commitment to our PSA Provisional Members and Affiliates as we track towards the year-end and the consolidation of the change from our 4 tier to our 2 tiered membership
Reaffirmed visitors and guests including those who will be immediate past affiliates and provisional members, will always be welcome at the Chapter events and the annual convention January 1st, 2019 onwards.
- Authorship & Development – ongoing
Reminder: until such time as further advised, if you are referencing this program please refer to it in its entirety by including the TM after the words: Platform Professionals ™We continue the process of other trademark applications with our PSA Strategic Partner, POD Legal.
- Sales & Marketing – PSA Market Penetration | Convention Registrations
We received an update re ambassador video filming scheduling for the Many Faces of PSA campaign is underway and due to be completed February 2019. The campaign will be launched at #PSAConvention19 Tony Eades on behalf of the PSABoard is overseeing this project.-
- Managing the Business
ASIC and ABR updates are current including change in Directors
Nil outstanding matters.
We’re tracking well and continue to liaise closely with our fabulous office team, Tuesday – Thursday 9am-3pm.
- CSP Emeritus – We received our first CSP Emeritus Application which was subsequently APPROVED! Congratulations Rodney Marks CSP
CALL for FEEDBACK | Board Discussion Papers
As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better. If you’d like to lodge a Board Discussion Paper for our Agenda, please obtain the template from Margaret and lodge with her at Head Office, no later than the 3rd Wednesday of the month, to enable circulation with our Board Pack to Directors which goes out shortly after that
As the year draws to a close we thank our strategic alliance partners for their support throughout 2018 and invite you, our members to demonstrate your warm appreciation of their service offerings.
To each of you, members and guests, partners and professionals who are coming to know us, thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
Remember to view the President vNewsletters which you can find here on our BLOG. In this month’s vNewsletter we cheer on our valued Provisional Members and Affiliates who conclude their term with Professional Speakers Australia on December 31,2018.
2018 PSA National President & Chairman of the Board
Term: March, 19 2018 – March 24, 2019
Want to Schedule a 15 Minute Call with Tarran? Click Here or Call: +61 (0)417 654305
As a reminder, your 2018 PSA Board are comprised of:
- Tarran Deane – National President | Chair | Director
- Russell Pearson – Vice President | Director
- Chinmay Ananda – Treasurer
- Tony Eades
- Peter Merrett
- Manpreet Singh