Jon Yeo Reveals The Secrets of What Makes a Great TEDx Talk & How You Can Deliver Messages with Impact!
What if you had a framework for mastering your talk that reliably connects with the audience? Moving beyond understand developing and memorising your talk, it’s all about engagement. Today Jon will be presenting a framework that is flexible and delivers impact. This framework has been used by professional speakers, sales people, CEOs and various TEDx events all over the world, and we’ve invited Jon Yeo to share it with us
You’ll find this perfect as a Speaker learning from a TEDx perspective:
- The types / style of talks you can use to convey your message
- How you can enhance message relevance and increase engagement with your audience
- The framework necessary to develop and deliver higher quality talks
- Identification of the technical delivery aspects greater impact and how you can measure that
- Who do you need to be to deliver your message with authenticity and integrity?
SAVE THE DATE for BREAKFAST 7am-9am TUESDAY 16TH SEPTEMBER
MASTERCLASS: 930am – 1pm
- $247 for Successful Applicants
[It’s Free to APPLY ONLINE NOW.ACT NOW!!!! PLACES LIMITED]
This 3hr Masterclass is an intensive introduction to the much longer speech and speaker development program used by professionals and TEDx speakers all over the world, typically between 8-25hrs in duration.
The TEDxMelbourne process has 300 applications per event for 8 slots. 1 in 20 will get an opportunity, 30% drop out during the development program. Would you survive the speaker selection process of a TEDxMelbourne event?
Each successful participant will learn & receive:
- In depth extensions from the breakfast event personalised to their speaking
- Feedback on their talk style and delivery in relation to the framework
- Learning to design and build a talk with impact for differing audience types
- Understand the elements that make your points stand out
- Understand how to objectively “mark up” you talks to measure impact
- How to work with event organisers and gain a reputation for being easy to work with and a valuable contributor to any event program
Many speakers have found the framework to be equally applicable to the corporate space outside of TEDx events and the value they bring to professional conference organisers.
For this reason, Jon is providing us with the added experience of actually going through the real life TEDx process that he takes Melbourne individuals through.
This Masterclass is available for up to 8 successful applicants / participants.
There is no cost for the initial application. Successful applications will have their $247 registration for the Masterclass, will processed manually.
If your application passes Jon’s TEDx style scrutiny, you’ll be invited to participate in the Masterclass.
Your Application Process for this Masterclass with Jon Yeo
Step #1 By 29.08.2014: Complete Your Online Application HERE before 28 August 2014.
- Applying is free and takes less than 30 minutes, and will help you add enormous value to your Speaking programs.
In the ‘name’ section of the Online Application, please enter
[NSAA: Your First & Last Name] to ensure processing within the timeframe
Step #2 By 2014.09.05: You’ll receive Notification of Outcome. All Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Jon Yeo.
- Margaret of NSAA HQ will then process registration fees only for the 8 successful applicants.
Step #3 Tuesday 16.09.2014: Masterclass 9:30am – 1pm The Point Hotel
Who is Jon Yeo?
Since 2009, Jon Yeo has been the curator and license holder for TEDxMelbourne, an independantly organised TED event. Today, TEDxMelbourne events fill 500 seat auditoriums in a couple of days and still holds a State Library record sell out of 90 minutes. During that time he developed a framework for delivering messages with impact.
When not volunteering for TEDxMelbourne he is a business coach and consultant focusing on productivity, engagement and creating mutually beneficial partnerships.
He holds additional responsibilities as President for the Maroondah Business Association and Board Member for various local and international Not-for-Profit organisations.
You may also see Jon sit on various judging panels or representing business perspectives for Telstra, Elance, Anthill and the Ministerial Advisory Council
SAVE THE DATE – TUESDAY 16TH SEPTEMBER
TUESDAY 16th September 2014
The Point Hotel – Kangaroo Point, Brisbane
There’s FREE parking on site under the building or on street if you need.
Location: The Point
The Eagles Nest
21 Lambert St
Kangaroo Point QLD 4169
(07) 3240 0888
Chapter Event – Breakfast only 7 to 9 am
Members on auto-booking do not need to book if attending breakfast event ONLY.
Workshop only – 9.30 am to 1 pm
Members ONLY $247
Breakfast & Workshop
Members ONLY $247 + Breakfast Charge