Recognising our Speaking
Industry’s top achievers
Awards and Scholarships
We believe in recognising our Speaking Industry’s top achievers across a range of expertise and contribution and do so annually at our National PSA Convention. Of course Members and Guests are welcome to register for whole or part of Convention, ensuring they also secure their Gala Dinner and Awards Tickets for the Saturday Evening!
Professional Speakers Australia has five key annual awards and one scholarship:
- The Kerrie Nairn Scholarship was inaugurated in 2005 by the Australian Government in honour of Kerrie Nairn who was the founder of the ACT chapter
- Breakthrough Speaker of the Year Award inaugurated in 2017
- Industry Partner of the Year Award inaugurated in 2017
- The Educator of the Year Award inaugurated in 2006
- Keynote Speaker of the Year Award inaugurated in 2006
- The Nevin Award for outstanding service to both Professional Speakers and the speaking profession inaugurated in 1991. Our most cherished honour.
We Want to Receive Your Award Nominations for 2022!
Nominations are now open for our Annual PSA Awards. Now is the time for PSA Members to nominate a fellow PSA Member for the Keynote, Educator, Breakthrough or Nevin Award or an Industry Partner for the Industry Award, for their success, to see them acknowledged by their peers and rewarded for their commitment and achievement.
Each Award is shown below – please read them carefully and think about whom you believe are deserving nominees. Self nominations will not be accepted. Anyone you nominate will have the opportunity to accept or decline their nomination and they will be required to complete a submission.
Keynote, Educator, Breakthrough and Industry Awards
- If you wish to nominate a PSA member for the Keynote, Educator or Breakthrough Awards or an industry partner for the Industry Award please complete the online nomination form before 30 November 2021 and submit their name, email address and the award for which they are nominated. The Secretariat will then contact the nominee and provide them with the online application form to complete.
- If you would like to nominate a PSA member who you believe has demonstrated worthiness for PSA’s most treasured accolade, the Nevin Award, then please read the criteria and complete the online nomination form by 7 January 2022.
The Kerrie Nairn Scholarship
- PSA welcomes applications for the 2022 Kerrie Nairn Scholarship for Public Speaking from speakers who are new to the speaking profession and display potential in the field of professional speaking. PSA members are ineligible to apply. Please read the criteria and complete the online application form by January 7 2022.
Please direct any enquiries regarding the PSA Awards to the PSA Secretariat 1300 739 993 or email@example.com.
We are seriously concerned to ensure that transparency and objectivity are the bywords of our Awards process and the process by which our Award winners are chosen is a rigorous one. Prospective recipients are nominated by their peers, who are then invited to submit a detailed application form demonstrating their skills, track record and influence, depending on the criteria provided for each Award.
The Applications for each Award are evaluated by a confidential panel of independent judges, who themselves are known for their relevant expertise, overseen by a Convenor for each Award. They make their assessment individually online, with their scoring unknown to each other. The whole process is overseen by an Awards Chair. The judges have the unenviable task of selecting one winner. Each year we have a large number of nominees across the range of Awards, making the selection of our winners more difficult than ever.